REVIEW COURSE COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
To develop and offer a survey course to review in summary form the material reflected in the medical acupuncture core curriculum as an aid for those physicians wishing to revisit previously learned material and for those physicians reviewing material in preparation for the Board Certification Examination.
The Committee shall consist of at least 5, but no more than 11 Academy members appointed by the President. One shall serve as Chairman and shall direct the activities of the committee in meeting its purposes. Members of the faculty selected to teach the course shall serve as members of the Committee.
Scope of Work/Ongoing Goals
- Develop and maintain an educational program as a summary overview of the material covered in the Core Curriculum for Physician Acupuncture.
- Review and monitor course outline and course handouts to assure appropriate match with core curriculum.
- Recruit a faculty knowledgeable in the subject matter and skilled as teachers to serve as faculty for the Course.
- Monitor student performance in the exam and otherwise evaluate how well the course meets the needs of participants and determine how the program might be improved.
- Schedule three or four offerings each year, or such number as necessary, to appropriately serve the market.
- Survey recent course participants to assess the impact of the course on their performance on the Board Certification exam.
- Review the homework material and update as necessary to assure current pertinence and assure appropriate to the course goals.
Guidelines and Policies
- The Chairman shall submit written status reports for all meetings of the Board of Directors. The Chairman shall submit annual funding requests to the Budget committee.
- New Faculty should be recruited on an on-going basis to assure an adequate pool of available talent. Recruits should have successfully passed the Examination and should be proficient teachers.