MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
To develop and oversee a membership recruitment and membership retention program to attract and maintain the greatest possible number of members.
The Committee shall consist of at least 5, but no more than 11 Academy members appointed by the President. One shall serve as Chairman and shall direct the activities of the committee in meeting its purposes. Members of the Committee may serve up to two consecutive, two-year terms.
Scope of Work/Ongoing Goals
- Develop an appropriate marketing program, and ancillary materials, to promote membership and membership retention to physicians interested in medical acupuncture with a goal to achieving 4,000 members by January 2004.
- Develop programs specifically to identify and recruit physicians who have graduated from medical acupuncture training programs.
- Develop a program and materials to acquaint physicians without training in medical acupuncture with its benefits and potential sources of training for themselves or of properly trained physician for referral for their patients.
- Develop specific program to recruit physicians trained in programs other than UCLA with a goal of increasing the proportion of those so trained to 25 % of the total membership.
- Develop specific programs to successfully recruit 80 % of those who graduate from the UCLA training program.
- Establish a process of review and screening of training programs to assure that the number of programs "pre-qualified" or "pre-approved" as meeting membership requirements are increased to six or more.
- Assess the reasons for non renewal of membership and recommend programs, policies or other changes, as appropriate, in order to achieve a goal of 90% membership retention.
- Conduct a periodic member survey to help identify the needs of the membership that can be addressed by the Academy and to assess member evaluation of those services currently provided.
Guidelines and Policies
- The Chairman shall submit written status reports for all meetings of the Board of Directors.
- The Chairman shall submit annual funding requests to the Budget committee.
- At least one member of the Committee shall be responsible for interviewing applicants whose training was not through a pre-approved program utilizing such standards as will assure that such individuals have received equivalent training to that of all other members.