MEDICAL ACUPUNCTURE JOURNAL EDITORIAL COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
To publish an academically creditable and clinically useful Journal to advance the field of medical acupuncture.
The Committee shall consist of at least 11, but no more than 21 Academy members appointed by the President. The Editor shall serve as Chairman and shall direct the activities of the committee in meeting its purposes.
Scope of Work/Ongoing Goals
- To solicit and prepare for publication quality articles regarding the field of medical acupuncture.
- To maintain a process and procedure for the selection, review, and editing of articles for publication that will establish the Journal as a legitimate, rigorous, academic journal.
- To establish and maintain such policies and practices as will assure that the Journal will become recognized as a high quality, professional journal in all respects.
- Increase the frequency of publication to three issues per year.
- Develop an appropriate strategy to facilitate a successful application and approval of the Journal for Indexing.
- Develop an advertising promotion effort to support a greater share of the costs of producing the journal.
- Develop a subscription sales promotion effort to materially increase the number of paid subscribers to the Journal.
- Develop a program to specifically encourage the submission of more research related articles for publication in the Journal.
Guidelines and Policies
- The Chairman shall submit written status reports for all meetings of the Board of Directors. The Chairman shall submit annual funding requests to the Budget committee.