CME COMMITTEE JOB DESCRIPTION
To develop policies and procedures to assure that the educational activities of the Academy are developed and offered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ACCME.
The Committee shall consist of at least 5, but no more than 11 Academy members appointed by the President. One shall serve as Chairman and shall direct the activities of the committee in meeting its purposes. Members of the committee may serve up to two consecutive, two-year terms.
Scope of Work/Ongoing Goals
- Develop and implement a program to assure that all educational activities of the Academy are planned and implemented in accordance with the requirements of the AACME.
- Develop policies and procedures to assure that appropriate documentation regarding planning and delivery of educational programs is in place.
- Develop and implement a program to formally review and approve Academy sponsored educational programs.
- Maintain the Academy's status as an organization accredited by the ACCME.
- Apply for and secure re-accreditation, without restriction, by the ACCME.
Guidelines and Policies
- The Chairman shall submit written status reports for all meetings of the Board of Directors. The Chairman shall submit annual funding requests to the Budget committee.