To serve as the vehicle for stimulating interest in members to volunteer to take positions or responsibilities within the Academy.
The Committee shall consist of at least 5 Academy members appointed by the President. One shall serve as Chairman and shall direct the activities of the committee in meeting its purposes.
Scope of Work/Ongoing Goals
- Develop a process for the identification and recruitment of members to serve in the governance of the Academy.
- Establish a process and procedures for the recognition of the efforts of volunteers.
- Submit specific plans for the recognition of appropriate volunteers at the annual Symposium.
- Identify and solicit volunteers to serve on formal committees of the Academy sufficient to assure that each of the committees are completely staffed with volunteers.
- Working with the MAAC Committee as necessary, implement a process to stimulate greater volunteer involvement at the chapter level.
- Working with the President and staff, produce a an organizational chart representing the governance structure of the Academy and assure that each unit included has a job description suitable for their current scope of responsibilities.
- Develop a schedule and procedures to effect annual change, as required, in volunteers participating in the governance of the Academy.
Guidelines and Policies
- The Chairman shall submit written status reports for all meetings of the Board of Directors. The Chairman shall submit annual funding requests to the Budget committee.